LOADED POTATO SLim ADILLA
What do you do with those leftover mashed potatoes? You make a Loaded Potato Slim Adilla! Or if you love potatoes and just looking for a new way to eat them, give this recipe a try.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook or Rest Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4 People
- Calories: 246kcal
Loaded Potato Slim Adilla⠀
- 350 g Potatoes, diced, with skin on (about 2 cups)
- 1 tbsp Buttery Spread
- 3 Garlic Cloves, diced
- 30 g Jalapeños, diced, (1 pepper)
- 50 g Shallots, diced, (1 large shallot)
- 1 dash Salt
- ¼ tbsp Black Pepper
- ½ tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Kaliwonder Slim Wraps
- 90 g Just Like Cheddar, vegan cheese, shredded, (about 1 cup)
- 7 g Bac’uns Bits, (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tbsp Scallons, diced, (about 1 stalk)
- Place dice potatoes in a medium sauce pot and fill with water until the potatoes are completely covered. Bring the pot of water with potatoes to a boil and cook for 10-12 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Remove the pot from the stove and strain the water from the potatoes. Place the potatoes back in the pot and mash them with the buttery spread (vegan butter). Mash until you have a creamy consistency.
- Add the diced garlic, jalapeños, and shallots to the mashed potatoes. Season with the salt and pepper. Cook the potatoes again for another 2-3 minutes on medium heat stirring occasionally. Then remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan to medium heat. While the pan is heating prep the wraps. On half of each wrap spread the mashed potatoes. (The wraps will shrink while cooking, so spread the mashed potatoes to about ¼ inch from the edges)
- Then sprinkle the vegan cheese and bac’un bits on top of the mashed potatoes. Fold the wrap in half, containing the mashed potatoes in the wrap, pressing the edges together.
- Now that your wraps are stuffed and the pan is hot. Add the olive oil to the pan and immediately add the wraps. Depending on the size of the pan you might not be able to fit all four potato skin adillas in the pan at the same time. If not, cook them in batches.
- Cook for 5 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook for another 5 minutes on the other side.
- Remove from heat, cut each Loaded Potato Skin Adilla into 3rds, sprinkle with the diced scallons and enjoy. Or portion out for your weekly meal prep.
Do you love potatos? If so you are going to love this gluten free, vegan Loaded Potato Slim Adilla!
NOTES FOR MEAL PREP:
These loaded potato slim adillas are wonderful for meal prepping. You can store each serving in the fridge for up to 1 week and eat it as it fits your meal plan. Or you can store them in the fridge for up to one month. You are going to love how well this recipe reheats!
If stored in the fridge, you can reheat them in the microwave for 30 seconds. If they are stored in the freezer, pull them out to defrost overnight then microwave for 30 – 45 seconds. Or if pulling directly from the freezer before reheating, microwave for 1-2 minutes.
NOTES FOR COUNTING MACROS:
- This recipe does not have a ton of protein. However if you would like to increase the protein you can do so by adding a new ingredient to this recipe.
- I would recommend adding shredded chicken or turkey breast to this recipe. (You would add the shredded meat to the mashed potatoes with the jalapeños, and shallots and continue cooking following the remaining instructions.) The amount of protein will increase based on the amount of chicken or turkey you add to the recipe.
- For every 1 ounce of turkey breast you increase the protein by 6 grams.
- With every 1 ounce of chicken breast you increase the protein 8.8 grams.
Or follow this recipe for these loaded potato skin adillas as it is and use this carb loaded recipe as a great why to hit your carb macro for the day. It is also a terrific snack to eat after a hard workout.
- The carbohydrate in this recipe comes from a few different items: The wraps and the potatoes. Kaliwonder slim wrap; it is vegan, gluten free, and only has 7 net carbs.
- The fat in these loaded potato skin adillas comes from a few different ingredients: The vegan cheese, the oil, and the vegan buttery spread. Changing the amount of any three can increase or decrease the amount of fat in this recipe.
My recommendation for increasing the fat, would be to increase the amount of cheese. However if you are looking to decrease the fat, cook the loaded wraps in a non stick cooking spray, instead of the extra virgin olive oil.
- For every 20 grams of cheese, you increase or decrease the fat by 5 grams.
- With every tablespoon of the vegan buttery spread, you increase of decrease the fat by 9 grams.
- Finally for every 1/2 a tablespoon of oil, you increase or decrease the fat by 7 grams
When making adjustments to the macros you will want to keep in mind the number of servings you are making.
Our customers absolutely love the Kaliwonder Slim Wraps!
We have received outstanding feedback on the wraps from quality, to taste, to flexibility, and the ability to create their favorite gluten free and vegan recipes using our wraps.
Some of the feedback:
“Great wrap! Didn’t break when you overstuffed them and didn’t have an overpowering flavor so you could use them for anything”
“These are by far the best gluten free wraps. They’re sturdy and super flavorful! Good work Kaliwonder!”
“I couldn’t believe how delicious these tasted! And the herbs were fab.”These wraps are some of the best gluten free wraps I have had!! They are delicious yet still health conscious!
“These wraps are some of the best gluten free wraps I have had!! They are delicious yet still health conscious!”
” This is the best product I’ve found for tortilla replacements. My favorite thing about this brand is that they DO NOT FLAKE OR BREAK. “
“These wraps are tasty, healthy and best of all – perfectly bendable for all your wrap needs! I’ve tried these as cold wraps and in cooked quesadillas, and all got a thumbs up of approval from my family.”
“Loved these wraps! I am not gluten free but I am looking for a healthier alternative for normal bread and these wraps were delicious and also low in calories!”
- LOADED POTATO SKIN ADILLA
- CAULIFLOWER EGG SALAD
- CHICKEN & ARUGULA FLATBREAD
- CHICKEN SAUSAGE EGG LASAGNA
- FRUIT & YOGURT CINNAMON WRAP
- CHICKEN WITH JALAPEÑO CREAM CHEESE WRAPS
- ASIAN CRISPY CHICKEN WRAP WITH THAI PEANUT SAUCE
- BLACK BEANS AND GREENS CURRY WRAP
For more gluten free, vegan, gluten free vegan, vegetarian, keto and other healthy low calories and low carbs recipes, check our recipes page!