Recipe by Hannah @bittersweet__
Such is the case for these cooked greens. In fact, I came to love their tender, subtle, almost buttery texture over time, and came up with a speedy fast spaniko pita wrap to highlight that asset. No cooking necessary, it’s ideal for a light summer meal.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Small Red Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 7 – 8 Ounces (1/2 Package) Extra-Firm Tofu, Drained and Crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, Minced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Dill, Minced
- 1 Can Spinach
- 2 Medium Kaliwonder Slim Wraps/Tortillas
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and saute until translucent; 5 – 6 minutes. Add in the tofu, nutritional yeast, vinegar, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and mix in the parsley and dill.
- Let rest for at least 10 minutes before assembling. For a chilled entree, transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Place the spinach in a fine mesh strainer and press firmly with a spatula to release as much excess liquid as possible.
- Set out two wraps and divide the spinach between them in a line down the center. Divide the tofu mixture between the two, on top. Fold and roll like a burrito.
Our customers absolutely love the Kaliwonder Slim Wraps!
We have received outstanding feedback on the wraps from quality, to taste, to flexibility, and the ability to create their favorite gluten free and vegan recipes using our wraps.
Some of the feedback:
“Great wrap! Didn’t break when you overstuffed them and didn’t have an overpowering flavor so you could use them for anything”
“These are by far the best gluten free wraps. They’re sturdy and super flavorful! Good work Kaliwonder!”
“I couldn’t believe how delicious these tasted! And the herbs were fab.”These wraps are some of the best gluten free wraps I have had!! They are delicious yet still health conscious!
“These wraps are some of the best gluten free wraps I have had!! They are delicious yet still health conscious!”
” This is the best product I’ve found for tortilla replacements. My favorite thing about this brand is that they DO NOT FLAKE OR BREAK. “
“These wraps are tasty, healthy and best of all – perfectly bendable for all your wrap needs! I’ve tried these as cold wraps and in cooked quesadillas, and all got a thumbs up of approval from my family.”
“Loved these wraps! I am not gluten free but I am looking for a healthier alternative for normal bread and these wraps were delicious and also low in calories!”
- LOADED POTATO SKIN ADILLA
- CAULIFLOWER EGG SALAD
- CHICKEN & ARUGULA FLATBREAD
- CHICKEN SAUSAGE EGG LASAGNA
- FRUIT & YOGURT CINNAMON WRAP
- CHICKEN WITH JALAPEÑO CREAM CHEESE WRAPS
- ASIAN CRISPY CHICKEN WRAP WITH THAI PEANUT SAUCE
- BLACK BEANS AND GREENS CURRY WRAP
For more gluten free, vegan, gluten free vegan, vegetarian, keto and other healthy low calories and low carbs recipes, check our recipes page!